Friday, September 23, 2011

Third graders playing instruments


Third graders were participating in a lesson that involved an Orff arrangement of a Shel Silverstein poem.  Unfortunately, as I was going through the rotation of classes, I realized that the arrangement that I had written was a little too much for third grade at the beginning of the year, so I ended up letting them come up with suggestions for what they should play and it turned out to be a lot of fun because it was their work and each class had a different interpretation of the poem.  I am now doing the original lesson with fifth grade classes and it is going extremely well and will post pictures and the lesson plan, as well as the arrangement when I have finished!  It was still a very valuable experience for the kids I think because they really enjoy playing the instruments and also enjoyed creating and composing a little on their own! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment