Saturday, September 24, 2011

Recorder Ensemble Rehearsal

This year in Recorder Ensemble, I am blessed with ten amazing talented students.  They meet me once a week, EARLY in the morning before school.  They do audition and must be able to play Beethoven's "Ode to Joy" on the recorder, which they learned last year in music class if they completed our "Recorder Karate" curriculum.  Only fifth graders are allowed in Recorder Ensemble this early in the year because fourth grade has not learned how to play yet.  

This particular group is incredibly focused and hard working.  I'm not sure I even have enough music planned for them because they are already playing so well after only two rehearsals.  I gave them "homework" for Recorder Ensemble and they cheered! :-) 


No comments:

Post a Comment